Well I know it's been a long time since my cambodia trip.. here's my reflection of my cambodia trip. Enjoy reading!
PS; My sis helped me to vet through my english.. Haha..

If I am allowed to write unlimited pages on GMBS 2009 reflection, I would have definitely put in all pictures and share my thoughts on each and every pictures.
Before the trip, I was fully prepared to be there. But when I was there, looking at the house we rented opposite Koh Rumdual Island, I was shocked to see their living condition in Phnom Penh. Compared to Singapore, there were only 3 light bulbs in the whole house. And to make things worst, water and electricity supply may be cut off anytime.
Despite the water and electricity cut, our team was flexible in making full use of the other available resources and enjoyed the rustic kampong lifestyle. Pictured this, we cooked dinner holding on to dim torchlight, using rain water kept in barrels for cooking and shower purpose. This is definitely an experience which most of us Singaporeans would not have experienced before unless you have stayed in kampong in the early days.
During the trip, I felt that the most momentous part of the trip would be meeting the happy and contented children in Cambodia. Even though they do not have advance-tech toys like PSP or DS, they continue to lead a simple and happy life. In class, these children are not exposed to English Language that often but from their expressions during the lessons, I could see that they are eager to learn new knowledge and were listening attentively to the new words. If given an opportunity, I would definitely like to go back and teach the children at the new school compound.
The most unexpected incident (for me) is that I was down with fever and kept vomiting for 2 days. I barely had any appetite to eat but what made me most guilty was that I was unable to help out in the construction work of the staircase. With that, I’m really thankful to my group mates whom were understanding and took care of me!
Looking through the pictures of the rubbish and used plastics piled up mountains high at Phnom Penh Garbage Dump, it is certainly distressing as I see children searching for scrap items at the Garbage Dump in hope of selling it for money. So now after each purchase, I’ll think twice if I really need the plastic bag to contain my purchase.
After returning to Singapore, I really missed the carefree lifestyle in Cambodia the most even thou we had to do laborious work every day. The satisfaction that I get from helping to build the school in Koh Rumdual, distributing the food to the villagers and the fun activities that I had with the children and my groupmates are indescribable. Most importantly, I am glad that I am now more mindful and appreciative of the things that I have and most importantly not splurge on the unnecessary items.
-Katherine Yeo-
GMBS 2009